The Challenges Facing You and Your Dogs Food
In this era of pet food mega-brands, we find ourselves bombarded literally around-the-clock with pet food advertisements. The stakes are high, with each company fighting for a chance to feed a share of an estimated 60 million American households with hungry dogs.
With so much to choose from, you would think it was routine to serve up a healthy meal each day. But that’s not the case. Here are some of the reasons why:
- We tend to buy and feed our pets the same food day in and day out. Many dog foods are made from low quality ingredients. Protein often comes from rendered animals and slaughter house remnants.”Rendered” (meaning dead and processed) is the common term used for the manufacturing process. Other ingredients can include grains considered “unfit for human consumption” These remnants are a questionable source of nourishment.
- Relying on the same source of protein and other nutrients provides an incredibly narrow scope of nutrition that can’t possibly meet your pet’s ever-changing needs. Plus, it deprives them of beneficial nutrients they’ve been exposed to over the course of evolutionary history.
- The sheer volume of name brands makes it tough to determine what food best suits the needs of your pet, especially since within brands there are all manner of choices targeting age, weight loss, protein source, allergies and more.
- Labeling requirements, as determined by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials), differ significantly from human food, so there is very little basis for comparison. Generations of domestication and in-breeding have created particular challenges specific to breeds. Some dogs are more sensitive then others.
- K9-Rx is the one simple solution to meeting these tough challenges!